Saturday, February 7, 2009

i have a cold.

and it sucks. Actually, it sucked on Friday, when I felt the worst. I'm starting to recover, but its a slow process, not at all helped by the weird Neti pot everyone kept recommending (um, good for prevention, perhaps, but I can't expect the solution to flow in or out of my nose when I'm so congested it seemed to hit a dam and flow right back out....lovely visual, yes?)

Also sucks - taking a decongestant on Thursday night that makes me wake up at 7:00 on the button on Friday morning, still feeling sick. Sorta worked out to my benefit, I suppose, because even after napping for 30 minutes, I was able to go to bed by 10:30pm, since I had to be up at FIVE AM on Saturday, so I could take Matt to work and then get to Curves by 7am for my own shift.

And yet here I sit, at midnight, wide awake. Well. Mostly. I took a nighttime medicine about an hour ago, hoping it would knock me out. Its starting to kick in (yay! double yay for it being Children's Dimetapp that still tastes good AND works better than nasty Nyquil!)

ooh. a yawn. I'm going to get in bed before I get a 14th wind....

No comments: